Village of Lindenhurst Highway and Sanitation Department
Superintendent of Public Works: Rick Sorrentino
121 Albany Avenue
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Monday to Friday,
7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Pick-up is on Wednesdays only, for the entire Village of Lindenhurst.
- Grass must be in bags or boxes. No pails can be used.
- Leaf bags are delivered to residents in mid-October. Additional bags can be purchased at Lindenhurst Village Hall. The bags are $3.50 for a pack of 10 bags.
- Branches are to be tied in bundles, four feet in length or less.
- Holidays: On weeks with a holiday, grass/leaf/branch pick-up is canceled.
Lindenhurst Sanitation Calendar
When a holiday falls within the work week, any change in the schedule is set forth by simply following your color and code as displayed on each page of the calendar. If you have any questions about sanitation changes during a holiday week, then please call (631) 957-7520.
Bottles (Glass & Plastic Bottles)
Beverage Cans, Glass Bottles, No. 1 & No. 2 Plastic Containers that hold Soda, Detergent, Shampoo, Milk, and Water
Newspaper, Magazine, Junk Mail, Corrugated Cardboard, Pizza Boxes and Telephone Books. Paper MUST be bundled, tied, or placed in a brown paper bag, cardboard Box, or plastic recycling bin
- No refuse on curbside before 7:00 PM the night before collection.
- Refuse must be out before 7:00 AM on the day of collection.
- No containers heavier than 50 pounds or 32-gallon capacity.
- Containers are to have handles and covers, and must be in good condition.
- Do not jam refuse in the container, otherwise preventing easy removal.
- Tree branch wood must be tied in bundles (1.5 to six inches in diameter, no longer than four feet in length or more than 50 pounds in weight).
- No construction debris, plumbing parts or auto parts will be collected.
- Fireplace ash must be contained in sealed box or bag (no loose ash).
- Recycling materials (glass/metal/plastic/paper) must be separated from household refuse. Do not include packing material attached to cardboard, i.e., Styrofoam, wood, etc.
- All medical waste (including needles), chemicals (including pool chlorine and paint thinners) and hazardous materials are prohibited.
- Bi-Weekly Pick-Up: Papers one week, and bottles and cans the next week. Do not put both out the same week.
- Newspaper recycling now includes newsprint, glossy paper, magazines, junk mail, cardboard and telephone books. Papers must be bundled and tied or in a brown paper bag.
- Crush all plastic containers. Remove all labels from cans.
- Holidays: If your recycling day falls on a holiday, then your recycling pick-up is canceled. Hold all recyclables until your next scheduled pick-up for that material.
Street Sweeping :
Street sweeping takes place March through October on Mondays and Fridays. Please check the sanitation calendar to identify the street sweeping day for your area.