430 South Wellwood Avenue
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM in-person
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM by phone
The Lindenhurst Village Assessment Department is responsible for identifying, listing and assessing all real property and preparing the tentative and final assessment rolls for almost 10,000 parcels throughout the Village of Lindenhurst.
Exemptions – The Assessor’s office receives and processes applications for all property tax exemptions. There are several different exemptions available in the Village of Lindenhurst. The available exemptions are for firefighters and volunteer ambulance workers, senior citizens, veterans, non-profit organizations and clergy.
If an exemption application is approved, a certain percentage will be deducted from the assessment of a particular property. Each exemption has a different set of guidelines. All exemptions only affect the Village tax bill.
- Firefighters and Volunteer Ambulance Workers Exemption – In order to qualify, one must have a minimum of five years of service with the Lindenhurst Fire Department as of October 1 (for the year in which the application is being made), be the owner of residential property in the Village of Lindenhurst and reside at the property. This exemption must be renewed each year. Exemption forms become available in June and are due by October 1.
- Senior Citizens’ Partial Tax Exemption – The senior citizen exemption is based off of a sliding scale for income. In order to qualify for this exemption, a senior must not have an annual income of more than $37,400.00; proof of income is required. This exemption must be renewed each year. Renewal applications are mailed out in June. If a renewal application is not received, then please call the Assessment Department at (631) 957-7506. Exemption forms become available in June and are due by October 1.
- Renewal Application – 2021 Senior Citizen Exemption Renewal Application
- New Application – 2021 Senior Citizen Exemption New Application
- New applications will not be accepted without the wage and income transcript from the IRS. This is generated by the 4506-T form on the second to last page of the application. The box has already been checked and date filled in. The applicant just needs to fill out their information, sign and submit to the IRS.
- Veterans’ Exemption – This exemption is a one-time filing exemption and stays on the parcel until the veteran’s death or sale of property. Exemption forms become available in June and are due by October 1.
- New Application – 2021 Veteran Exemption New Applicant
Grievance – Residents that would like to grieve their assessment may do so by filing out grievance paperwork. The Village’s grievance period begins each November 1 and concludes on the third Tuesday in November, which is also Grievance Day. Grievance applications may be obtained at Lindenhurst Village Hall, 430 South Wellwood Avenue or by clicking the link below.
Tentative Assessment Roll – The tentative assessment roll can be downloaded here: 2021 Tentative Assessment Roll
Final Assessment Roll – The final assessment roll can be downloaded here: 2021 Final Assessment Roll
Mailing Address – The Assessment Department should be advised when there is a change in mailing address, when there is a new owner or when a mortgage is satisfied or refinanced in order to change the billing address for tax bills.