430 South Wellwood Avenue
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM in-person
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM by phone
Application for Board of Appeals – If a variance for a building permit is required in the Village of Lindenhurst, please fill out the application listed below for a Lindenhurst Village Board of Appeals application. Once this application is notarized, completed and returned, a date will be scheduled for a public hearing at the time of submission.
The following items must be submitted:
- An application that is completed, signed and notarized.
- A Full Disclosures Affidavit that is completed, signed and notarized.
- One (1) copy of the property survey showing all structures existing on the property. Survey must show dimensions if ALL existing and proposed structures. NOTE: All items described in paragraph three, above, must be clearly shown on the survey. The exterior dimensions of each item, as well as the distances from front, rear and side property lines, shall be accurately shown on the survey. There will be no exceptions to this requirement. Failure to provide this information may result in the dismissal of your application or may require a completely new survey.
- A copy of the original Denial Letter received from the Building Department.
- The Board requests photos of the property to see the layout of the land and property lines. At least eight photos must be submitted with all commercial properties.
- All applications must submit photos of the legal notice signs posted before hearing.
Please return application to Lindenhurst Village Hall, 430 South Wellwood Avenue. If you have any questions, then please call (631) 957-7512.