430 South Wellwood Avenue
Lindenhurst, NY 11757
Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Site Plan Application – The site plan application for the Village of Lindenhurst is listed below. A total of 10 copies of the site plan, a short environmental assessment form and the $500.00 application fee are required upon submittal of the application.
If you have any questions about site plan applications, then please call (631) 957-7500.
Subdivision Application – The subdivision application is listed below.
The following items are required for a subdivision application to be considered complete:
1. The following items must be submitted to the Building Department:
a. A subdivision application that’s completely filled out and notarized.
b. A full-disclosure affidavit that’s completely filled out and notarized.
c. A filing fee (based on the number of plots or acreage).
d. Copy of deed.
e. Written metes and bounds descriptions of the overall plot, and each individual plot.
f. A total of 12 overall surveys (signed and sealed by a licensed surveyor).
g. A letter from the applicant stating style/type of house(s) to be built on the subject property.
h. Two copies single and separate search with entire overall parcel as subject premises. Search must go back PRIOR TO MARCH 1963.
2. Both overall and individual surveys must include the following:
a. All dimensions of parcels, including: area (in both square feet and acreage), width (frontage) and depth.
b. Metes and bounds.
c. Corner elevations with spot elevations on lot lines or as needed to indicate a slope greater than five degrees.
d. Each lot must be numbered for reference.
e. Indicate the zoning of the parcel to be subdivided.
f. The zoning and land use of neighboring properties, which must be detailed on the surveys.
g. All natural features must be noted including major depressions, wetlands and bodies of water (with direction of water flow noted).
h. If major filling, leveling or excavating is to be done, then a drainage plan must be included.
i. All surveys must be dated, signed and sealed by a licensed land surveyor.
j. Test borings must be dated within 60 days of submission of the application.
k. All existing curbs, storm drains, sidewalks, edge of roadway pavings, etc., located continuous to parcel.
l. Proposed lot lines of individual lots must be shown on overall survey.
m. Suffolk County tax map number of overall parcel must be shown.
3. A New York State Wetlands Permit will have to be acquired, where applicable.
4. A Suffolk County Board of Health approval MUST BE ACQUIRED for application to be valid.
5. When all of the above information is received by the Building Department, it will be reviewed by the appropriate divisions, and a Planning Board Public Hearing will be scheduled.
6. After the date of the Public Hearing has been established, the applicant will be required:
a. To post the appropriate sign for 10 days prior to the public hearing.
b. To mail the appropriate Notice of Public Hearing to all residents within 200 feet of the subject premises by certified mail, return receipts requested, and proof of such notification must be submitted to the Planning Board at least two days prior to hearing.
7. A copy of the survey is sent to the Suffolk County Planning Board for review, if applicable.
8. No land can be cleared until building permits have been obtained.