The Village of Lindenhurst rents dock space to residents and non-residents at the following locations:
- Charles J. Cowan Marina
- Shore Road Marina
- South Broadway Marina
- Pecan Street and 2nd Avenue
- 3rd Avenue and South 5th Street
Lindenhurst Dock Space Lottery
Available dock space can be applied for through a lottery held by Lindenhurst Village. The lottery is open to residents and non-residents.
Lottery forms for the 2019 lottery can be downloaded here:
The lottery is held the first week in April. Applicants will be notified.
Lindenhurst Dock Space Rules and Regulations:
- Upon assignment of a dock space, which is for the exclusive use of the licensee, said dock space shall not be transferred to another person or to another vessel.
- The season shall begin April 1 and end December 15.
- Any false statement contained on the Dock Space Application shall constitute grounds for revocation of space issued on the application.
- LIABILITY: All boats and boating equipment docked, berthed, moored, located or left at the Village Facilities are so left at the sole risk of the owner of said boats or equipment and permission to so dock, berth, moor, locate or leave such property is conditioned upon the owner’s acceptance of said risk. All boat and boating equipment are mandated to obtain adequate insurance before making use of Village Facilities. Proof of adequate insurance, covering the risk of property damage to Village Facilities must accompany each application.
- No adjustments, rebates or refunds of fees paid will be made.
- Violation of any rules and regulations covering the use of the Village dock space area shall constitute grounds for revocation of dock space assigned, at the determination of the Village Board or its designee.
- ALL boats must have the current year’s permit affixed to the boat and clearly visible from the dockside. All permits from previous years are to be removed.
- Upon approval and assignment, 100 percent of the fee is due and payable.
- All dock spaces are to be occupied no later than July 4 or permit will be revoked and space reassigned, except under extenuating circumstances brought to the attention of the Village. Dock spaces are not to be utilized solely for storage of boats. Boats berthed in Village spaces are to be utilized during the boating season.
- Lessee hereby agrees to remove his boat and all of his or her property from the Village Dock Space upon the termination date of this lease. In the event of Lessee’s failure to do so, the Village may at Lessee’s risk and expense cause the boat to be removed.
- Lessee does hereby agree that the boat docked at the berth designated herein shall not be used as a residential dwelling.
- Lessee does hereby agree to abide by the rules and regulations governing the use of Village docking facilities, and all applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations.