Village tax exemption applications are now available! Applications can be picked up at Lindenhurst Village Hall, 430 S. Wellwood Ave., Monday – Friday between the hours of 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM. The following exemption types are available: firefighters and volunteer ambulance workers, senior citizens, veterans, non-profit organizations and clergy.
Exemption applications can be downloaded below:
- Firefighters and Volunteer Ambulance Workers Exemption – In order to qualify, one must have a minimum of five years of service with the Lindenhurst Fire Department as of October 1 (for the year in which the application is being made), be the owner of residential property in the Village of Lindenhurst and reside at the property. This exemption must be renewed each year. Exemption forms become available in June and are due by October 1.
- Senior Citizens’ Partial Tax Exemption – The senior citizen exemption is based off of a sliding scale for income. In order to qualify for this exemption, a senior must not have an annual income of more than $37,400.00; proof of income is required. This exemption must be renewed each year. Renewal applications are mailed out in June. If a renewal application is not received, then please call the Assessment Department at (631) 957-7506. Exemption forms become available in June and are due by October 1.
- Renewal Application – 2021 Senior Citizen Exemption Renewal Application
- New Application – 2021 Senior Citizen Exemption New Application
- New applications will not be accepted without the wage and income transcript from the IRS. This is generated by the 4506-T form on the second to last page of the application. The box has already been checked and date filled in. The applicant just needs to fill out their information, sign and submit to the IRS.
- Veterans’ Exemption – This exemption is a one-time filing exemption and stays on the parcel until the veteran’s death or sale of property. Exemption forms become available in June and are due by October 1.
- New Application – 2021 Veteran Exemption New Applicant
If you have questions about an exemption, please contact the Assessment Department at (631) 957-7506.